Thursday, August 13, 2009

After Graduation....... Then What?

I was not expecting the full-time job a fell into when I graduated with my Bachelors degree. I think of what some might say about coming out of the "Honeymoon" phase. After the honeymoon is over you have to open your eyes get off cloud nine and come back to the realities of life. When all was said and done, Kurt and Katrina moved and Dad went home, the party was over. Now what.... time to get to work finding a "real" job. Now I do have to say that I had spent a lot of time during the last few months filling out applications, getting interview, being turned down for jobs and the like. I had to get back to what became a full-time job of looking for a job. I have spent the last two weeks hour after hour filling out more than 70+ applications, taking a few job interviews. The last couple of day's I have ressorted to going to a bunch of temp agencies to fill out application in an attempt to get a temporary job. I have a few hopeful opportunities coming up in the next few weeks. I have followed up with Smith's Food & Drug about a management postion there. I will know more about that on the 21st of August. I am going to a 4 to 6 hour class next Wednesday to become a certified flagger for some of the road crews in the area. I am also looking into becoming CPR and AED certified.

2 comments:

  1. ahem... why haven't you added our blog to your list? i see how it is... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy,

    Would you send me a link to your blog so I can put you on the list.

    ReplyDelete